Monday, April 20, 2009

don't forget your meds...

swollen glands...virus.
had an interesting interaction with the doctor this morning. she noticed the jeffrey sachs book in my bag and we began talking about poverty and medical care. i have recently found myself uninsured now that i'm officially out of school, i work about 70 hours per week currently but not at a job that provides me health care. this of course got me thinking that about how i am a contributing member of society, i work, i am educated, i take care of myself, don't smoke etc... but i have to suffer financially whenever my health is compromised. just seems silly i suppose.
or, perhaps, that is just why i shouldn't be covered. if i take care of my health and see the doctor once or twice a year that costs me, potentially, and my employer less money in the long run. that is unless something catastrophic happens.

been feeling unusually uncomfortable lately. feeling a little lost again. torn in many directions. unsatisfied and thirsty. then i remembered that i haven't taken those little blue and white capsules since being back from nyc and then i know that i'm still an emotional mess that requires a little extra help...just a little hand holding.

this week is...

chaos theory...


make music...

No comments: